1911 T4 Obak Cabinet Set and Checklist
‘It’s In The Details’
|Title||T4 Obak Cabinet Premiums
|Size||5″ x 7″
|Images||Black and White|
|Number in Set
T4 Obak Cabinet Premiums Overview
The 1911 T4 Obak set includes 5″ x 7″ black and white baseball cabinet cards. The fronts include a player image inside of an oval while the backs are blank. Cards are scarce and not too many come up for sale at auctions or otherwise. These cards were offered as premiums as part of a redemption offer from the company where customers would mail in a designated number of coupons in exchange for a player of their choosing.
Many cards have not been physically seen/confirmed but a full checklist is available based on the coupons that first offered them.
The cabinets featured minor league players in the Pacific Coast and Northwestern Leagues. While the cabinets did not have card numbers on them, the coupon which listed the checklist added numbers because the company requested customers place their order by the number instead of the name.
While many players were inconsequential, the set includes Buck Weaver from the famous 1919 Chicago Black Sox team. His cabinet is the key to this set. The pictures from the cabinets were often the same pictures as used to create Obak’s smaller T212 tobacco cards.
T4 Obak Cabinet Premiums Checklist
Cards are presented below in order of appearance on the Obak coupon. The are arranged by team.
- Smith (start of Los Angeles team)
- Wolverton (start of Oakland team)
- Ryan (start of Portland team)
- LaLonge (start of Sacramento team)
- Van Buren
- McArdle (start of San Francisco team)
- Weaver (Buck)
- Brown (start of Vernon team)
- Harris (start of Portland team)
- Netzel (start of Spokane team)
- Higgins (start of Tacoma team)
- Engel (start of Vancouver team)
- Roche (start of Victoria team)
- Ten Million
- Bues (start of Seattle team)
Follow Pre-War Cards on Twitter and also be sure to like our page on Facebook.