‘It’s In The Details’
|Title||R329 Clopay Foto-Fun
|Size||2 3/4″ x 3 5/8″
|Number in Set
R329 Clopay Foto-Fun Overview
The 1938 R329 Clopay Foto-Fun set was a unique release. The cards included a photo negative inside of a decorative frame which collectors could then use to develop the picture and reuse it over and over.
When developed in light, the photo (in a blueish tint) would appear.
Instructions were as follows:
- Remove the perforated window
- Remove the top sheet of dark paper
- Center the film within the frame
- Hold up towards light for approximately 1 1/2 minutes
- Tear off the perforated edge and remove the printing paper, washing it in water for one minute to develop the picture
In addition to the negative provided in each pack, the company also gave collectors a cardboard frame that was designed to look like it was made out of wood. The frame had the instructions printed on the back.
In all, there are nearly 100 issues in the set. While several Hall of Famers are included, some key young players such as Joe DiMaggio and Bob Feller. Ted Williams is not there, either, but he wouldn’t make his major league debut for another season so his absence is understood.