A Temporary Adjustment
So I had quite the surprise recently when I loaded up one of the pages on the site and found advertisements running that were covering words up and, in general, just making a mess of things.
I wasn’t aware of that before as it was only happening to logged-out users (i.e. virtually everyone, I imagine). The good news is that I found out the source of the problem – an old layout for the site, which was no longer supported and clashing with the ads. The bad news is that, it required me to take some action and change a layout, which I was pretty accustomed to.
I had planned to tinker with the site in a new format and then publish it once I got up and running. Unfortunately, toggling with it removed the old format forever before I had a chance to actually design the new site. Whoops.
The long and short of it is that the site is going to be going through a bit of a transition. I was able to make all of the pages for set reviews in the database operational. And all of the posts/articles for the blog portion of the site are up as well. But it’s going to take a little time to get the layout the way I want it and so it doesn’t look like a heaping pile of crap as it does now.
My hope is to have everything ‘up’ in the new format in about a week. Could be longer or could be shorter, though. In the meantime, bear with me.