‘It’s In The Details’
|Title||H804-21 Tobin Major League Players Trade Cards (No. 56)
|Size||3″ x 4 1/2″|
|Number in Set
H804-21 Tobin Major League Players Trade Cards (No. 56) Overview
This set is part of the baseball comic series of trade cards. Noted collector Frank Keetz assigned it the designation used in his book, “Baseball Advertising Trade Cards 3rd Edition.”
The cards feature a variety of humorous baseball scenes. This incredible set is desired by even non-trade card collectors for the simple reason that it used images of real players with their names. Not only that, but half of the set includes Hall of Famers, making it even more desirable. Keetz has a good writeup on all ten players, which you can enjoy here.
In addition to the colorful images and clever depictions of the players’ likenesses, a title of each card is printed along with the No. 56.
The set is nicknamed ‘The Cadillac” of the advertising trade cards because of its use of big name players. Those make this set a little different than most trade cards, which usually feature only generic pictures. The depiction of actual players make these significantly more valuable than a lot of other trade issues.
Regarding the sponsors, these are often seen with the Tansill’s Punch tobacco name but can be found with other advertiser names as well.
H804-21 Tobin Major League Players Trade Cards (No. 56) Checklist
- A Slide For Home (McCormick), Jim McCormick
- Aint It A Daisy (Smiling Mickey), Mickey Welch
- An Anxious Moment (Hines), Paul Hines
- Go It Old Boy (Andrews), Ed Andrews
- Not Onto It (Ferguson), Charlie Ferguson
- Oh, Come Off (Anson), Cap Anson
- Struck By A Cyclone (Glasscock), Jack Glasscock
- The Flower of the Flock (Our Own Kelly), King Kelly
- Watch Me Soak It (Dan Brouthers), Dan Brouthers
- Where’l You Have It? (Tim Keefe), Tim Keefe